Robert E. Lee --
The commanding general for the South in the American
the Stonewall -
360-degree panoramic images from the battlefields of
Gettysburg and Chickamauga.
National Military Park
- site of the largest, bloodiest battle of the Civil War,
July 1-3, 1863. Includes overview of the park and its
facilities and in-depth information about the
History Online: Battle of
features background and day-by-day overview of the
battle, message boards, and more.
- schedule of events, photographs, and reenactor updates
for the annual July event.
of Gettysburg (July 1-3, 1863)
- extensive site with a description of the battle,
tactical analysis, and personal anecdotes as well as
excerpts from official records.
of Gettysburg -
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- includes documents, essays, and discussion
The Battle of Gettysburg, 1863
- account of the battle by schoolgirl Tillie Pierce
including her observations of one officer's brutality and
the work of surgeons after the battle.
Visitors Guide to Gettysburg
- guide to the Gettysburg battlefield, local
accommodations, and attractions.
and the Gettysburg Campaign of
1863 - describes
the course of the battle in terms of the topography on
which it was fought.
Hole - strategic
review of Union General Daniel Sickles' actions at the
battle, focusing on the July 2 advance. Features photos
and maps. Walking
Tour of Pickett's Charge
- self-guided walking tour of the route taken by
George Pickett's division during its assault on
Cemetery Ridge on July 3, 1863.