Punishment: Life or Death?
- school project covering both sides of the issue.
Punishment: the Death Penalty
- information from different religious
Penalty Pages USA 1996
- listing of the executed persons in the US in 1996; also
pending and stayed executions.
Row - published
annually by Bobit Publishing Company and Police Magazine.
Includes complete listing of inmates living on death
listing of films, histories, books, and
Methods Used by U.S. States
- report from tfe Florida Corrections
of Caleb Adams -
a true story of crime and punishment in early-1800s New
on the Death Penalty
- comprehensive resource which includes history, U.S.
Supreme Court cases, statistics, death row, the
international context, and both sides of the death
Road, The -
Michael Sharp posted this shortly before being executed
in Texas on November 19, 1997.
Coalition Against the Death Penalty
non-profit, human rights organization which focuses on
bringing international attention to the use of capital
punishment in the US.
Punishment - an
essay on capital punishment, giving two arguments, one
based on justice and one based on love. Both lead to
Penalty Focus of California
- from the American Society of Criminology.
Penalty Information Center
- contains information about topics and issues related to
Penalty Moratorium Campaign
- working to end the death penalty in
Penalty Page, The
Penalty Perspective, The
- a view on capital punishment and the ramifications from
a victim's point of view. Includes testimonials, witness
accounts, and related links.
Penalty: An Interactive Research
Project - a
three-month research project on the death penalty in the
Penalty: The Ultimate Revenge
Row Page, The
the Death Penalty in USA
- articles and discussions.
Committee to Abolish the Death Penalty
For Life -
working for the abolition of capital punishment.
Individual cases, appeals for help, death penalty
Coalition Against the Death
Penalty - an
abolitionist organization that provides research, media
contacts, speakers and organizational support to those
seeking to eliminate the death penalty.
of Hope in Virginia '96
- September 21 to October 6. Two weeks of education for
alternatives to the death penalty.
Penalty Act -
overview and detailed factors providing rationale to
change existing death penalty laws in the 38 states to
life imprisonment without any possibility of
Coalition to Abolish the Death
non-profit organization decicated to the complete
abolition of the death penalty both in the United States
Petition - a
petition open to anyone for signing, against the death
penalty; to be sent to Congress and the
Against the Death Penalty
Death Penalty Page
- article giving statistics, charts, and numerous reasons
as to why killing is wrong.
To Stop Executions
- founded in 1987 to end the use of capital punishment in
the state through education and activism.
Coalition to Abolish the Death
consists of organizations, individuals, human rights
groups, churches and other faith-based
of Faith Against the Death Penalty
- committed to the education and mobilization of people
of all faiths in North Carolina for the abolition of the
for Alternatives to the Death Penalty
Can Live Without It
- a site dedicated to ridding the US of capital
Punishment - a
report put together for a political science course at
Against Crime Talking
believes that abusers of women and children must receive
the most severe penalties the law will allow. They seek
the death penalty for murderers and have declared war on
Death Penalty Pages
In Favor of Capital Punishment
- by John Stuart Mill.
Lowe's Pro-Death Penalty Web Page