Fund - works for
a positive U.S. policy towards Africa and supports human
rights, democracy and development.
Human Rights Commission
- state agency which enforces the Alaska Human Rights
Amazon Network -
to support the peoples of the Amazon Rainforest in their
efforts to survive and work in harmony with their
- Modern Day Slavery: blacks bought and sold today in
Africa, modern day abolitionist groups
human-rights organization active throughout the
Burney Welfare Trust International
- advocating for human rights in South Asia.
organization dedicated to fighting religious hate crimes
Associasion For Human Rights
- ndependent, grassroots, non-governmental organization
which works to promote and protect the political, civil,
economic, and cultural rights of the Palestinian Arab
minority in Israel from an international human rights
Organization for Human Rights
for the World -
independent non-profit organization for contemporary art
serving humanitarian purposes.
in Defense of Human Rights
- founded by the Danish sculptor, Jens Galschi¯t,
who wanted to erect his own sculpture, Pillar of
Human Rights Commission
- intends to provide update information and useful
material related to Asian human rights.
Pro Derechos Humanos
- human rights organization.
For Civil Rights in Israel, The
Rights Advocacy Committee
- is dedicated to ensuring that the rights of assyrians
under duress throughout the world are intact through
- Israeli organization which monitors and documents human
rights violations in the West Bank and Gaza Strip and
engages in advocacy campaigns for positive
County Human Rights Task Force
Helsinki Human Rights Group
- monitors and reports on the development of democracy
and human rights in the formerly communist countries of
eastern Europe and OSCE member states.
Centre for Victims of Torture
charitable organization dedicated to the continuing needs
unique to survivors of torture and their families in
Canada and abroad.
for Human Rights Legal Aid
- provides legal assistance and representation, free of
charge, to victims of human rights violations in
for Law and Global Justice
- has projects worldwide that focus on the protection of
human rights, legal education, judicial training and free
and fair elections.
For World Indigenous Studies
- non-profit research and education organization
dedicated to the understanding and appreciation of
indigenous peoples and the social, economic and political
realities of indigenous nations.
Against Slavery in Mauritania and Sudan
Support Network -
a non-governmental organization striving to improve the
human rights situation in Colombia and build solidarity
between the peoples of North America and
for Asian Women -
publishes a quarterly newsletter and works to voice and
represent the concerns of women workers in
of Concerned Scientists (CCS)
- an independent organization of scientists devoted to
the protection and advancement of the human rights, as
well as the scientific and intellectual freedom of
scientists around the world.
to Protect Journalists
- dedicated to defending the rights and safety of
journalists around the world.
for Health and Human Rights
- promotes the link between health and human rights
internationally by providing education, research, and
advocacy for professionals working in health and human
Nacional de Derechos Humanos -
Peru - umbrella
organization representing human rights organizations in
Peru; site offers human rights reports and appeals. In
for the Defence of Human Rights and
documents human rights abuses in Kosova.
Survival - helps
indigenous peoples and ethnic groups deal as equals in
their relations with national and international
- Canadian organization supporting alliances for global
- human rights organization focusing on monitoring,
counseling and educational activities. Regional and
Center for Human Rights, The
- details the organization's activites, with news from
the human rights field.
Network of Iran (DNI)
- a net-based group of individuals committed to campaign
for promotion of democracy and improvement of human
rights conditions in Iran.
Humanos en America Latina
- human rights information about Latin America and the
rest of the world. In Spanish and English.
Timor Alert Network (ETAN) Canada
- seeks to end Canadian complicity in the genocide in
Organization for Human Rights
Commission Against Racism and
history of the council, calendar, examples of good
practice, and educational resources.
Court of Human Rights
- sitting justices are from member states of the COuncil
On Justice -
helps existing advocacy groups disseminate information
about human rights violations and furnishes information
to journalists, including updated, downloadable audio and
- civil and human rights organization
For Human Rights
- committed to the people in Guatemala who have
non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to
promoting democracy around the world.
Exchange - human
rights organization devoted to building people-to-people
ties between first and third world nations and promoting
provides solace and compassion to hostages, political
prisoners, and detainees, by providing them with letters,
pictures, local papers, food items, and other reminders
Reform Committee (GRC)
- human rights, anti-corruption, research and public
Rights Action Group
- community of radical kiwi students committed to peace
and human rights activities worldwide.
Rights Education Associates
- supports efforts aimed at introducing human rights
concepts and values into educational curricula and
Rights in China (HRIC)
Rights Interactive Network
- an Internet launchpad for human rights, armed conflict,
disaster relief, and other resources. With links to
organizations, work/travel opportunities, action alerts
and a feature magazine.
Rights Internet (HRI)
- international documentation centre and network on human
rights. Information on human rights education and
resources, the United Nations and more.
Rights Watch (HRW)-
nonprofit, nongovernmental organization monitoring human
rights in some seventy countries around the
Human Rights Center - MannrÈttindaskrifstofa
gathering and collecting information concerning human
rights domestically as well as abroad.
Human Rights Commission
and Refugee Services of America
- dedicated to immigration and refugee related
for Human Rights
- specialized body within the Beirut Bar Association that
proposes to organize training sessions intended for
Council for Voluntary International Action
Mutual Assistance Association
(IMAA) - refugee
and immigrant service organization providing
opportunities for "those who have come before to lend a
helping hand to those who have recently
Action Center -
coordinates activism and information opposing domestic
and international injustices.
Association for Religious Freedom
- non-governmental organization (NGO) with general
consultative status at the UN that supports religious
freedom through interfaith cooperation and local
community service and development strategies.
Helsinki Federation for Human
organization with branches in 34 countries monitoring
human rights in Europe, the former Soviet Union and North
human rights organization covering the political, social
and economic situation under the regime of Saddam
Prisoner Services International
- An outreach and advocacy agency for Jewish prisoners
and their families.
Human Rights Group (KHRG)
- volunteer group that documents the situation of the
Karen in Burma, in an effort to end human rights abuses
committed by the Myanmarese regime, the SLORC.
- promoting the rights of children to have contact with
both parents. Working to change the laws of the United
States through a campaign of public action.
Human Rights Council
- features a request for human rights in the Lao
language, from Hmong refugees in Napho Camp, Nakhon
Phanom Province, Thailand.
Committee for Human Rights
- working to protect and promote fundamental human
rights, holding all governments accountable to the
standards affirmed in the International Bill of Human
Cimientos Alliance Maya Guatemala
- a cultural and human rights cooperative for creating a
network of friends and resources supporting the work of
the Mayan People of Guatemala.
- MVF is a charitable non-profit trust interested in
creating awareness among the disadvantaged, building a
civil society, and abolishing child labor.
Human Rights Commission
- organization of human rights and solidarity for
Human Rights Network
- volunteer project based in London, that works to inform
and educate the public on issues of human rights in
Fund, The -
non-profit organization started by the Beastie Boys in
1994 to raise funds for helping the Tibetan
Association for Lebanese Detainees in Israeli
Prisons - working
to make the Lebanese Detainees a national
- legal and political foundation and international
acknowledgement of the nature rights of all human
York Association for New Americans
- resettlement agency offers information for immigrants
and refugees, immigration policy updates, answers to
legal questions, and services for employers.
America Project -
includes sections on international human rights treaties,
full text of recent publications on democracy and human
rights in the Americas, referrals to experts and links to
Helsinki Committee, The
- democracy and human rights in Europe.
of the Americas -
featuring analysis of current events in the Americas,
including the War on Drugs, immigration, and human
Regional Human Rights Education Resource
Team - RRRT is a
British Aid Programme devoted to improving legal literacy
in the Pacific Region.
Beach County Human Rights Council, Inc.
Christi International --peace
movement involved in the fields of demilitarization and
security, human rights, ecology, economic justice and
Brigades International(PBI) -
a grassroots organization exploring and implementing
nonviolent approaches to peacekeeping and support for
basic human rights.
North America Project
- provides upon request international human rights
observers for Native American communities in Canada
and the United States.
- repository for current information on a range of issues
from disarmament to human rights and events and actions
around the world.
Peace Network -
defending and promoting the human rights of Peruvians;
nonviolent action will be taken in the United States to
show solidarity with Peruvians working for peace and
for Human Rights (PHR)
- mobilizes the health professions and enlists public
support to protect and promote the human rights of all
Peace and Justice Center
- education and resource center committed to the creation
of a just world peace which recognizes the dignity and
worth of every human being.
Center, The -
faith-based social justice center working in the US,
Haiti, and Nicaragua.
founded by Jesse Jackson.
& Resist! -
says no to the war on women, concentration camps for
immigrants, censorship of the arts, resurgent racism,
police state measures, gay bashing, and compulsory
Center of the Americas
- nonprofit organization working for peace, justice and
human rights in the Americas. Connection to the Americas,
a monthly Latin American and Caribbean news digest,
Applies Friedrich Schiller's ideas to issues of human
rights, the nation-state, development of culture.
Affiliated with Lyndon LaRouche.
sponsors projects throughout the world that help relieve
in Italy -
information, addresses, events, and meetings of voluntary
organizations in Italy.
Now - progressive
institute promting renewal in response to environmental,
spiritual, economic, social and political systems
Ocean Safety -
exposes the human rights issues of diver abuse in
developing nations while providing hyperbaric medical
training, equipment, and diver training in remote coastal
providing specialized medical and psychological treatment
for victims of political torture from all over the
Society for the European Convention on Human Rights
private non-profit organization spreading information in
German language about the European Convention for the
Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedom
Human Rights Commitee
- provides the international community with information
on the human rights situation.
Force Detainees of the Philippines
- involved in research, documentation of human rights
violations in the Philippines.
Forum - foreign
policy institution founded to provide for the collection,
analysis and dissemination of information about Africa
and the Caribbean and about U.S. policies affecting
Citizens Human Rights Commission
Clubs - Join the
clubs' cyber trek, "Cyber Raid", explore the UNESCO world
heritage list, and win trips, CD-roms.
In Peace -
non-profit organization that deals with the release of
political prisoners like Larry Hoover.
Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
Constitutes a free and non-violent voluntary " Energy
Association" organized of individuals cooperating in a
positive, creative and harmonious manner.
In Peace -
non-profit membership corporation comprised of people
dedicated to world peace through active cooperation and
of the Martyrs Inc.
- organization dedicated to helping Christians who are
being persecuted for their faith.
- delivering communications equipment to human rights
Algeria Action Coalition (WAAC)
- dedicated to raising international awareness of the
political and economic conditions in Algeria.
Organisation Against Torture
- programmes include urgent appeals, victim assistance
promoting democracy and human rights by means of media
Ribbon, The - An
internet resource for information and support for the two
U.S. citizens currently being held in an Iraqi