Conflict in Northern Ireland that began in
1969 and took the lives of thousands, is
only the latest conflict between the
British and the Irish in long list of
conflicts dating back nearly a thousand
years. The Anglo-Irish
Wars page contains a list of the wars
between the English (and British) on the
one side, and the
on the other.
News on the Conflict in Northern
fired during Belfast
--BBC, July 13, 2009
British soldiers killed in N. Ireland gun
Press, March 8, 2009
Archive on the INternet (CAIN
- a developing collaborative
multi-media database of resources
relevant to teaching and research on
the Northern Ireland conflict.
Events in Northern Ireland
- from the BBC.
News Report: Inside the Maze
- from Jan 9.
- January 30, 1972.
or Pro-U.K. Groups &
from Tony Blair
- "I felt the hand of history upon us.
Today the burden of history can at last
start to be lifted from our shoulders."
From the London Times, Apr 11,
- latest reports from the Northern
Ireland peace talks, as well as an
archive of all to date, searching for a
lasting solution to the
Points of N. Ireland
- from the Washington Post.
- history, factoids, and dozens of
links. From Out There News.
- to support peace in Northern
Rights Watch: Justice for
- analysis of the human rights
provisions of the 1998 Northern Ireland
Telegraph Guide to the Peace
or Pro- I.R.A Groups &
is the Orange Order
- Protestant group rejecting the
- the police force of Northern
Northern Ireland Office
- commemorating Bloody Sunday.
and Ireland Human Rights
- monitors, promotes and extends human
rights protection in the context of
conflict resolution in Northern
Behind the mask: The IRA & Sinn
of Gerry Adams--
Leader of Sinn Fein
- Irish Republican issues, particularly
concerning political prisoners.
Includes news, academic articles, and
- links to political parties and
official bodies in Northern Ireland.
From the BBC.
- includes information, statistics and